Thursday, August 22, 2013

It has been 2 weeks since returning from Colorado, where several Team Nebo Ridge members volunteered at the Leadville 100MTB. We spent the week riding the trails around Breckenridge, the Monarch Crest Trail, and Powerline in Leadville. We also hiked Mt. Quandary at 14,256 ft.

Fun times trying to adjust to less O2, the legs felt fine, the heart and lungs working OT. By the end of the week the legs were toast. During the first week back, I couldn't tell if my legs were just tired, or the difference between my heart rate and power was due to my week of altitude training...

Next up is the DINO24. The team is putting together several teams for the event. Last year we had 1 team of 6 riders. I assume we will have more this year. I may end up riding it solo... We. Will. See.